What makes us an adult?
Over the years I never really felt like an actual adult. I notice when I was in need of some assistance I always looked to the older adult in the room versus actually handling it on my own. Yes, I have stated that I’m the perpetual child at heart and yes I do work with children but still could never really consider me an adult. Until now…Gasp!
Maybe it the fact that I have my own family or maybe it’s just how someone should feel when they reach 30 or higher. But, I’m an adult. Crap.#Adulting is hard. Here are 10 silly signs that you just might be an adult. Crap! Click To Tweet
10 Signs You’re actually an adult
- You actually save money for important things. You know like winter tires, floor mats, or even dare I say it an oiling. Note: I have lived in America all my life and never once heard of Oiling a car… or maybe we never really took care of our cars for winter. Oiling is when people spray the bottom of the car with a sticky substance and coats the car so it does not collect salt and rust. Genius!! I know right?
- You buy a car for practical use not because it looks nice. Recently over the summer, we purchased an electric plugin hybrid – the Volt by Chevy. It’s a cute and very peppy car that saves us a bundle on gas.
- You need to go to work. Calling in sick is not something you can do just because you “don’t feel like it.” I know that I am big on saying I don’t want to work, but that’s usually because I have to get my butt up at 5:30 just to be at work at 6:30 am. Ps. I am NOT a morning person.
- Coffee is your drug of choice. Being that I have to get up before the sun even pops it’s bright little head up I need something to keep me functioning until my brain wakes up. Enter in coffee. I think by now the people at Tim Horton’s know me by order and car.
- Wine is your drink of choice at the end of your day. Usually, I don’t like to drink much on the weekdays, but some days it just calls for you to crack open a bottle or two. I still haven’t got the taste of beer, and some bitter wine is too much… kid at heart – sugar!! So, I like more of sweet taste or white wine.
More signs that you might actually be an adult
- You have a bedtime and you stick to it. Sleep is really your best friend, and when it’s almost your bedtime you actually enjoy your nightly routines. Brushing teeth, taking the dog out for one last time, and watching a show on Netflix are the perfect way to end the day.
- You make dinner for yourself and your family. No, you don’t need to be ordering out from Chinese, Pizza place, or Taco Bell every night. Thought it would be a lot easier… Being an adult means you have to make a plan for what you will be eating… which means you need to make sure you go to the grocery store. Which brings me to…
Chores are a must…
- You have to grocery shop. I used to love doing this with my father. I was always the one that would attempt to put in a few junk items in and he would always catch me. Now, I have to do this. This means more planning to make sure you have everything that you need for your meals for the week. Ugh. Usually Travis is a great help and always tags along so I’m not stuck doing this chore by myself.
- You need to clean. Unfortunately, we do not have a cute little robot that will do all the dusting and vacuuming that needs to be done in the house. Nope, you have to do it. Usually, for Travis and me, we have split up the outside and inside chores. Meaning he does all the outside and I do most of the inside say for vacuuming. I haaaate to vacuum.
- You have to pay all the bills. Yep, electric, gas, insurance, mortgage, and any credit card bills need to get paid off monthly. Yikes! This one is the worst. The older you get the more in debt it feels like you are, but perks are that you control how much you do or don’t spend. So you have to weigh the choices to make sure you’re getting the most for your money.
- Yes, I know that I over counted but… I wanted to end on a positive note. Being an adult is hard… You get to make all the decisions. Yay! Something happy for once. You want to jump on the bed or have breakfast for dinner… you go right on. It’s your house and your rules. Just make sure that your partner is okay with them.
What makes you feel like an adult?What makes you feel like an adult? #adulting can be hard... Click To Tweet