I really enjoyed the “intentions” from Angela (Clutter Box Blog) so I decided to keep it going. Currently, the intentions link up is postponed, but that doesn’t mean that it won’t come back. I really like definition of intention: Noun
- a thing intended; an aim or plan.
“she was full of good intentions”
To be honest – intentions just sounds better. But I’m a bit odd so who knows. Well, with all that talking let’s start with what I had planned for January.Hello, February! How are you doing this year? Are you ready to get your butt kicked? Click To Tweet
For the blog January:
- Organize and sort photo prop items – make a list of what to buy – I really worked hard at this. Found out what props that I want as well as going about buying them from different places. Perhaps a post will follow soon?
- Take at least 2 pictures for posts with own camera – So far every single picture from this year has been shot by me. I’m still working out the kinks of my camera and actually planning on buying a newer DSLR soon. Wish me luck.
- Work on Instagram feed – I can say that I have put forth some effort into my Instagram account. I’m working on placing bright colours in my feed with white space. Something not original but it is a start towards aesthetically pleasing in my eyes.
- Continue to use Buffer for social media – Okay so I did a decent amount on buffer – but I deleted my paid account and currently searching for somewhere else. I find that it’s too much for me and I’m only working on Twitter so paying $10 for only Twitter is kind of crazy.
For personal January:
- Clean and organize the spare bedroom (again) – Okay, so I sorta did this. I mean – I cleaned then a lot of crap got placed back in there. Oops? I figure it would be better placed on the to do list further in the year (like summer) when I’m off and have the time.
- Keep kitchen clutter free and dishes cleaned – Totally did this for the most part. I think I had a few days in between that I didn’t really keep up with, but nothing too much. Travis had to help me a few times only because we had a mouse problem and I was overwhelmed with all the dishes that needed to be rewashed because of it.
- Continue to keep on top of household chores – Kind of failed and kind of worked on it. Most of the laundry got done, but they lay in the hampers for over two days. Floors were Swiftered sometimes, but not every week like they should be. Perhaps more since we have a dog… who knows?
- 2 dates this month with Travis – Totally nailed this! We had a few dates out with friends throughout the month. I even had a surprise dinner guest which was pretty cool since he was attempting to figure out who was joining us. I love surprising him every so often.
- Doing yoga at least 5 times this month – Failed. FAILED. I didn’t even do it once this month. Sigh. I really shouldn’t place these on my list, but I have hoped. No reason why – I just felt lazy and didn’t want to work out this month. No other excuse.
I am really proud about the push forward I have towards my blog. I’ve been posting more, scheduling more tweets ahead and even gaining a bit in my Instagram account. I used to teeter on just 330 now I’ve jumped up to around 400. I love Instagram, and I’m slowly trying to work my creativity into it. I’m pushing myself to be there more. So I’m seeing progress.
I’m also enjoying the freedom I have with using my own pictures. It’s pushing me to expand my knowledge of this field and test different tricks. I cannot wait to see how much I’ve progressed in a year’s time.
I have also progressed in my health by rejoining Weight Watchers. I have some bad days – but I’m logging everything I’m eating and trying to even it out in the end. So far I’ve lost around 12 pounds ( which is a start from the 40 that I want to lose from now until the end of this year).
I’ve been off and on sick for a better part of two months. Near the middle of the month, I even had 2 days (again) off work because of my migraines. I’m really starting to get annoyed with my body. Trav and I have a new doctor so I will be asking about what else I can do for them – besides simple vitamins.
I really liked that I added one more inspiration to my month goal – having 4 to work with seems a lot better than 3. It gives me something to strive to as well as something to challenge myself without too much anxiety. Let’s see what I have planned for February…
February Intentions 2017
For the blog:
- Continue taking photos with camera – explore a new lens
- Buy a tripod for camera and research what new camera to buy
- Post at least 3 times per week on Instagram
- Share posts with other places besides Facebook and Twitter
- Extra: Get to 5k followers on Twitter – Currently at 3,331 which means I only need 1,669 more to go. It is a stretch, but I want to see how close I can get to it.
- No pop at all this month
- Organize bedroom and create a wish list for room
- Have 4 dates with Travis. Plan one in secret (mix it up with alone and with friends)
- Meal prep for a whole week
- Extra: Do not order out once this month
I have set one extra goal because I really want to challenge myself. I know that it is something extra in the shortest month of the year, but I have faith that I can do it.Month two - Go! Let's get those #monthlyintentions started. How are you doing? Click To Tweet